REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Defines, implements, and maintains best-in-class processes procedures, and tools to enhance quality and productivity. Works closely with Engineering Manager and Director of Research & Development in implementing new product lines, techniques and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfaces directly with PULSCO representatives and customers to interpret their requirements using established application guidelines for hydropneumatic systems and silencer products.
- Communicate and implement innovation, ideas and improvements.
- Work with Engineering Manager and Director of Research & Development on resource allocation, planning, scheduling, risk management, issue resolution and productivity metrics tracking.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Work with Engineering Manager to analyze technology and resource needs, assess and evaluate market demand, and plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Review and recommend or approve cost estimates. Prepare and oversee budgets and bids on individual jobs.
- Implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering department as set by Engineering Manager.
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient knowledge and experience on PC using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Access), AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PIPE2010 software.
- Knowledge, experience or ability to develop an understanding of the following.
- ASME Pressure Vessel Design.
- Compressible and Incompressible Flow.
- Electric Control Logic.
- Ability to accomplish goals without direct line authority; good people/interpersonal skills such as ability to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors.
- Good listening skills. Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information and results to choose the best solution and solve problems considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions. Observe, receive, and obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Professionally communicate and represent the organization to customers and other external sources.
- Must have ability to travel.
- BS Engineering, Mechanical - P.E. preferred.
- 5 – 10 plus years experience in engineering design in the above stated areas of expertise.