Case Study: North Texas Municipal Water District
Contractor: Moltz Construction
Project: Climax PDWTP
Location: Climax, CO
- Plant designed for the initial production of 35 mgd and an ultimate capacity of 280 mgd.
- PULSCO’s Hydropneumatic Surge System constructed out of 1” steel and measured 16 ft diameter x 128 ft long.
- PULSCO’s system is dual purpose
- Principal purpose was to protect the pump station piping from surges in the event of power failure
- Secondary purpose was to provide water for filter backwash
- Dual purpose system reduced overall system and operational costs
- Separate water storage for the filter system was not necessary
- Operational expenditures were reduced because filters could be backwashed in a sequence with minimal downtime (20 minutes versus 1.5 hours without tank system)